Peter Forsberg will not be coming back to the NHL this year, TSN reported on Monday, but he may yet attempt to make a comeback for the 2010-11 season. If he manages to make it happen, it will be Forsberg’s third time returning from retirement.

We intercepted this email written from the NFL’s Brett Favre to Forsberg yesterday morning:



From: Brett Favre <agelesswonder@hotmail.com>
To: Peter Forsberg <foppa@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 11:03:56 AM
Subject: comeback…

Pete,

I heard that you’re trying to complete the comeback hat-trick like me! Well here’s some advice: pick a goddam good team - one that’s got great young talent. Just look how great Adrian Peterson is making me look here in Minnesota. The guy is unstoppable, and I’m getting all the credit in the world!

I hear that Ovechkin kid’s pretty good, why don’t you try to be on his team? Or Crosby? Just do what I do – hand it off and let em run! I tell you, these kids are scared of old guys like us, so just yell at em to giver!

Hey, is there anything better than a retirement press conference? And the highlight pack of your career that ESPN puts together? I can’t wait for that again this year. Makes me teary eyed just thinkin about it.


Good luck pal,
Brett

1 comments

  1. Unknown // November 17, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

    This makes no sense. Forsberg has yet to retire or even say he was going to retire. He has been trying everything humanly possible to continue to play.

    There is no real comaprison between what Favre has been done and what Foppa is doing.

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share